Archive for January, 2017

Take Steps to Prevent Break-ins with Professionally Installed Locks

Commercial replacement doors roselle

When you have a break-in at your home or commercial business, it can be a very stressful time. In addition to filing police reports and taking inventory of what was stolen, you’ll also need to take care of any damages that occurred as a result of the break-in.

The FBI reports that 1.9 million burglaries occurred during 2013 in the United States. The approximate property loss for this year alone was $4.5 billion. In addition to the value of the items stolen, this may also include the cost of other damages, including home repairs.

During 2013, it was determined that 74% of all burglaries occurred at residential properties. The remaining 26% likely occurred at commercial properties or under other circumstances. Forced entry was the primary method for 59% of all of these burglaries.

Read more ...

Is It Time to Redo Your Home’s Flooring?

Carpet panama city fl

Are you planning to have new flooring put into your home? Whether you’re planning to carpet your bedrooms, living room, and den, or prefer hardwood floors, there are a variety of floor material options. You may also want to consider having ceramic tile, laminate, or vinyl floor coverings in some of your rooms, such as your bathrooms and kitchen.

A recent Houzz survey showed that 38% of the participants were planning to have carpet installed in their master bedroom. Other survey participants stated that hardwood flooring covered 34% of their home’s floors, while tile covered 23%.

In terms of preferences, however, 47% of the Houzz survey participants said they favored wood flooring thr

Read more ...

6 Tips to Creating a More Quiet Living Space

Sound isolation wall panels

People are often more sensitive to sound than they let on. For instance, when people go out to eat, the list noise as being one of the most annoying things they experience when dining out, according to Restaurant Development’s 2015 “State of Dining in America” survey. The same principle is at work in people’s home environments where ambient noise can be bad for your hearth. When area noise rises about 40 decibels, the incidence of heart disease go up. There are a lot of things you can do to make your home less noisy. From buying a better dishwasher to installing decorative laminate, you can reduce the noise pollution in your home.

  1. Make less noise. That may seem easier said than done but there are things you can do to cut down on the amount of noise you create. When you buy applianc

Read more ...

The Advantages Of Using Propane Over Alternatives

Propane vincennes indiana

Everyone has to deal with providing energy for their home in one way or another. Where once fuel options were fairly limited, now there are many different types of fuel to choose from. The question is — what fuel is right for your needs, and how does it work? Many are unfamiliar with the advantages of propane energy, and the big difference it can make in the long term. Admittedly, propane doesn’t work in quite the same way as other options — you’ll need to consider the realities of getting propane refills, as well as what cooking with gas means versus cooking with the many alternatives available. But propane services could certainly be right for you if you’re looking

Read more ...

Best Self Service Movers

Welcome Columbus, This web site brings you news, weather and stock prices and well as Columbus news and info about the best self service movers around Ohio

How To Move

Post Calendar

January 2017
« Dec   Feb »