Are you planning a move? Every year, since 1980, about 43 million people in the United States move, according to the Census Bureau. That is almost 17% of the population. As many as 33% of the people who rent their home move every year. If you are moving, here are some tips about finding the right company from a moving company Spokane.
- Ask around. Talk to your friends and family about who they may have used to move in your area. If you are in Washington state, there are a lot of movers in Spokane, for instance, you want to find the best moving company Spokane, right? The best way to find quality goods and services is to get a personal recommendation from someone you trust. When you want to findi local moving companies, this is just as true.
- Look at online sources. Many localities and cities have Facebook groups set up to promote local businesses. You can check there and other sites like Angie’s List and Yelp for moving a moving company Spokane. If you see nothing on the sites for the company you are looking for, you may want to look at different companies. By the same token, it is much easier for many people to complain than to compliment so if you see a lot of anonymous complaints online, take them with a grain of salt.
- Get at least a few estimates. Call around and talk to at least a few companies. What you will need to tell them is the number of rooms you will move, how far you will be going and what services you will need. Some people want to pay others to do the bulk of the work that goes into moving from one place to another. Other people just want the truck to move their stuff. Determine what you want and then get at least three quotes in writing. When you are able to get the quotes in writing. When you have everything in writing, it makes it a lot easier to go through and compare them. Never take or accept estimates over the phone.
- Make a list of your stuff. As you pack keep track of what you have packed. One good thing is to have a list in each box or on the outside of each box that tells you what is in that box. You need a separate copy of that list to have with you. When you are talking to the moving company, you will want to be clear when you communicate to them what is being moved. The very last thing you need is to get to your new city and home only to find that you left a box of your most cherished belongings back in the other place. Also the cost goes up every time you add something to a move. You also want to make sure there are no problems with parking at your new place.
- Take the insurance option. When you have homeowners or renters insurance, you have coverage for your stuff when it is in your residence. The problem comes when everything is in transit. It is not covered by your policy when it is moving from one home to another. If there is insurance that is offered by the moving company Spokane, you should look into taking it. If not, you should talk to your insurance carrier about this kind of coverage to make sure your belongings are covered while they are en route.
- Read all of the contract. These are boring documents but you want to know what to expect for the move and what to do if something goes wrong. Keep the contract with you during your move. Make sure you know who you can reach out to and get if there is a problem of any kind with your move. You also need to know how much it will cost you if it ends up taking longer than you expect it to. Be prepared for that because it always takes longer than you expect.
Moving day is always stressful but if you have the right company to help you, you can make it a lot better for everyone.