Much of the nation is experiencing a break from the heat, but that does not necessarily mean that AC repair services are getting any kind of break. These colder temperatures between the hot temperatures of the beginning of the summer and the hot temperatures that always make an appearance at the end of the summer, in fact, just give the AC repair services a chance to just get caught up or work ahead on AC units that may not have quit, but are showing signs of failing.
Air conditioning services are important to homes, to schools, to government offices, and to health care facilities. When an air conditioning service fails, however, people can struggle, especially those who are very young, very old, or who have certain breathing conditions like asthma and allergies.
Are You Waiting for a Local Air conditioning Repair Company Representative to Come to Your Home?
Although there are many great things about summer, a failing or broken air conditioner is not one of them. If you find yourself in the situation where you are waiting for an AC repair person on the hottest day of the summer, you know the reason for making sure that you do everything that you can to see that both your heating and cooling systems are always well maintained.
Consider some of these facts about the heating and air conditioning system industry in America:
- Unfortunately, only 42% of those using central air equipment service it annually, even though many U.S. homes could benefit from regular maintenance.
- 5% of all the electricity produced in the U,S. is used by air conditioning. This leads to an annual cost of more than $11 billion to home owners.
- 66% of all homes in American have air conditioners.
- Although many home have air conditioning, 20% of the homes built during the 1980s have air conditioning equipment that is 20 years old and is likely very inefficient.
- Replacing central air conditioning equipment, especially those units that are more than 15 years old, can result in significant energy savings.
- 20% to 50% of energy can be saved by switching to high-efficiency air conditioners and taking other actions to keep your home cool.
Like a computer or another piece of technology, just because an old air conditioner is still running does not mean that it is running efficiently. Many AC units, in fact, outlive their economic life.