It did not take a professional with landscaping design ideas to see the change that needed to be made on the side of your house. The fact that the two Bradford Pear trees were the first trees in your lot to lose their leaves was just one indicator that these 20 year old trees needed to go.
You were on a walk with your husband one day when your husband mentioned an idea that you had been thinking about for awhile. The fact that the two trees on your property were completely covered by two much larger trees in the park meant that they were not really serving a purpose any longer. The park trees were now providing the intended shade to the east side of your home, and your trees were getting close to having branches that were touching your house any way. And while it did not take a professional with landscaping design ideas to see that your yard would be easier to maintain and mow without the two trees in the way, it would take a professional to help with the removal of those trees.
As you and your husband were considering the possibility or a retaining wall installation and a new landscape design for the front yard, you realized that taking care of the two trees in the side yard was a project that you could easily take care of now as well. You would need to hire a tree removal team, but you decided that it made sense to get this project taken care of before you started the front yard project. Removing the trees on your property would actually make your lot look a little bigger and the mowing time would be significantly faster if you no longer had to navigate around the trees that were not that healthy any more any way.
Professional Landscaping Design Ideas Can Help Add Value to Your Property
Whether you are a new home owner just making your first decision about landscaping design ideas or you are a long time home owner who is making decisions about upgrading the space around your 20 year old home, it is important to make choices that fit with the climate where you live. For instance, finding plants that flower at different times during the year can help add color to your home and increase curb appeal. Selecting plants that are easy to maintain means that your house can look nice year round without a lot of effort.
Consider some of these statistics about the landscaping industry and how paying attention to the outside of your home can actually increase the value of your property:
- 90% of real estate agents encourage home owners to invest in landscaping prior to selling
- 97% of real estate agents recommended landscaping as one of the top five home improvement recommendations. They go so far as to say that a home owner can expect a 215% return on landscaping investments.
- 56% of home owners are budgeting $10,000 or more on their current or upcoming outdoor projects when professionals are involved.
- 66% of home owners indicate that they have spent $10,000 or more on a outdoor project in the last six months.
- 51% of homeowners who are upgrading their outdoor spaces spend six or more hours there every week. Gardening, relaxing, and entertaining are the top three top reasons these outdoor spaces are used.
- 83% of Americans think having a yard is important. In addition, 90% of American with a yard think it is important that the yard and landscaping is well-maintained.
- Shade from trees can reduce air conditioning costs in the summer by as much as 25%. The shielding that shade trees provide against wind can reduce heating costs by as much as 10%.
From decisions about trees in the side yard to ideas for adding color to the front of your home, landscaping plans can help you save energy and add value to your property. When was the last time that you spent any effort upgrading the landscaping around your home? Research indicates that home owners who take the time and spend the money to add professional landscaping to their home will get a significant return on their investment.