Summer has ended and the kids are back to school, and you are on a quest to get your home in shape before your youngest daughter’s high school graduation party. With the house more empty than full during these long school days, you are hopeful that you will be able to get the home remodeling projects completed with as little disruption to your daily lives as possible.
You are getting bids from several residential contractors for the interior home additions and changes that you want to make.
Residential Contractors Make Individual Bids on Room Addition Costs
Interior home additions are a common approach that property owners take if they want to stay in their current home, instead of purchasing and moving to a bigger home. From basement additions to extra bedrooms to larger kitchens, there are many ways that property owners can transform their current spaces into larger, more open locations. Consider some of these facts and figures about the home remodeling industry and the impact that it has on the value of properties and the impact on the nation’s economy:
- 68% of homeowners on Houzz plan to include a recreational area in their newly-built custom home, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz and Home survey.
- 29% of custom built homes included a gaming and entertainment room, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz and Home survey.
- The average basement remodel can have up to a 70% return on investment (ROI), according to Home Advisor, t.
- 66% of home owners are planning on renovating, according to a recent survey.
- 75% of U.S. households own a smoker or grill, according to The Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association (HBPA) reports.
- 60% of grillers indicate that they cook outdoors all year-round, according to the same The Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association (HBPA) reports.
Home remodeling projects are pretty expensive projects, but they often add a significant amount of value to your home. Finding the right contractor can help you make sure that you are getting the quality work that you need to create a space that will serve a variety of purposes. Whether you are trying to get ready for a high school graduation celebration in the spring or you are considering an entire home remodel to accommodate an aging parent moving in, it is also important to make sure that you are working with the most reliable contractors.