Steps to Install Laminate Flooring:
Laminate floors are made of layers of fiberboard, an image layer that imitates wood, and a top protective layer. This video shows how to install laminate flooring.
Wooden floors are solid wood or engineered wood.
Engineered wood has layers of wood. Solid wood has no layers.
Installing laminate flooring:
1. Clear the room, remove carpets, and clean the floor.
2. Fit the underlayment. Underlayment is a thin layer of material that needs to have a moisture barrier. It gives stability and noise reduction.
3. Trim the tongues of boards that will be laid on the wall edges.
4. Each board will have a tongue and a groove. The tongue side of a board fits into the groove side of another board. Tap it into place.
5. Matching transition strips are used in doorways. They come with metal strips that are attached to the subfloor. The transition strip is then fitted on it.
6. Quarter round trim is fitted around the room. Ensure to nail the pieces on the baseboard and not the flooring.
7. Allow space for expansion and contraction between the flooring and walls.
Laminate flooring gives a nice warm look to the room.