If you’re being bothered by pests, it may be time to call in an exterminator. Many people put off calling the exterminator because they wonder- are exterminator chemicals safe? Are exterminators safe? Exterminators today often work with chemicals that are non-toxic to humans. Many also work with “green” chemicals that are better for the environment. Some use organic chemicals to kill pests.
If you wonder are pest control chemicals safe, you can talk to individual exterminators in your area and ask them about the safety of what they use. Not all exterminators use the same chemicals. Are pest control sprays harmful to kids? Most of their chemicals are not meant to be ingested by humans, and most exterminators will tell you to wait a while before kids come into contact with them for safety.
It’s helpful to know what kinds of pests are bothering you before you call the exterminator. If you are noticing damage but aren’t sure what kind of pest it is, make sure they bring the equipment needed for a variety of pests. You don’t want them to have to make two trips in case they get there and don’t have the right chemicals for the type of pests you have.
Remember the few nights you slept without putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher? Afterward, you saw one cockroach, and a few weeks after, the cockroaches had made a home for themselves in your kitchen. Suddenly, you have used all known medicines and traps to get rid of the roaches, but you still see them crawling. This is the menace the pest control service industry is trying to solve. The pest control industry is subdivided into commercial and residential pest control services.
Termites can be a bother. One can get better pest and termite control equipment from pest control companies. To get the best company pest control, inquire from friends and families who have been in similar situations. Additionally, the pest control industry usually booms during the warm seasons. It is even better to have your home and car sprayed before the hot season. Preventative maintenance is better than getting rid of present pests.
Every now and often, new pest control companies develop new techniques for handling pests. There is pest control for home use in the market sold by chemists. However, it is advisable to spray or administer the drugs when no one is in the house. Many pest control companies are found in poor regions.
The memory still drives you crazy. In fact, in addition to driving you crazy it also makes you itch, scratch, and stay awake at night.
The time that your teenage daughter brought bedbugs into your home after a school camping trip is difficult to forget. Actually, if it would’ve been true camping in a tent you likely would not have had the problem. Instead, this school adventure took place at a campsite with rooms full of bunkbeds. The lack of freezing weather yet that fall probably attributed to the fact that the room where your daughter, and nine other girls, stayed was indeed infested with bedbugs.
You did not, however, have any warning of the problem. So, when your daughter returned from the four day excursion you simply allowed her to bring her bags, bedding, and clothing inside. In hindsight, you wish you would have had her keep everything in the garage until you had a chance to run the clothing and the bedding through the wash.
As it happened, however, your daughters chaotic return home left her major suitcase sitting in the laundry room, but one of her backpacks were thrown on the couch. Worse yet, a duffel bag traveled with her to her grandparents house where she was spending the night. The result is that both your couch, the grandparents guest bedroom, and somehow even your daughters bed were infested with bedbugs.
This unfortunate experience introduced you to the true value of reliable and effective residential and commercial pest control services. The well qualified commercial pest control services, through the efforts of an employee who was clear, concise, and informative, you learned far more than you ever really wanted to know about bed bugs. Although you initially thought a commercial service could solve your problem, it turned out that it was more effective to use commercial pest control services because the problem extended beyond a single home. The exterminators were so thorough, in fact, they even checked and treated the two different vehicles that were also involved.
Protecting Your Home and Family from Pests Should be a Priority
Preventative maintenance is a service that many residential and commercial pest control services offer. Unless you have a major infestation, sometimes only maintenance service is what is needed for most homes and business properties. In older homes, however, that are more prone to termite damage, other services may be needed as well.
The fact that a pest control service truck is not a sign that a neighbor or area business has a problem. Instead, it is often a sign that business or home owner is taking the necessary precautions to make sure that they are protecting their home, their family, or their employees. Consider these statistics about some of the most frequent pest control issues that some business and home owners face:
- During her life cycle, a female bedbug can lay more than 200 eggs.
- 99.6% of pest professionals indicate that they have treated bed bugs in the past year. This percentage has remained unchanged from the year 2013, but is higher than numbers from five, 10 and 15 years ago.
- 95% of best professionals indicate that they have found bed bugs in apartments and condominiums.
- 93% of best professionals indicate that they have found bed bugs in single family homes.
- 75% of best professionals indicate that they have found bed bugs in hotels and motels.
- Estimates indicate that 25% of all fires attributed to ?unknown causes? are likely caused by rodents gnawing on gas lines, electrical wiring, and matches.
- The territory or ?home range? of a rat is generally within a 50-foot to 150-foot radius of its nest. A mouse, on the other hand, usually lives within a 10-foot to 30-foot radius of its nest.
- A rat only needs a one half inch hole to enter a structure; a mouse can enter a structure through a one fourth inch hole.
- $9 billion a year is spent by Americans battling fleas in their home.
- Known as excellent jumpers, fleas can leap up to seven inches vertically up to 7 inches and 13 inches horizontally.
- By year 2016, revenues of commercial and residential pest control services in the U.S. were projected to reach approximately $12.29 billion.