Over the past few years, light-emitting diode (LED) fixtures have taken the lighting world by storm. LED lights have popped up in a number of places and are used for all sorts of purposes. There are many reasons when you are getting replacement lamps to make the switch to LED lighting. Here are some of the reasons:
- LED lights are much more energy efficient. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), may be able to decrease the amount of energy used throughout the country by about half. In homes and businesses, using this kind of light offers a lot of cost savings over other kinds of lighting options such as fluorescent, halogen, and incandescent bulbs. When you are talking about LED warehouse lighting fixtures or LED low bay lighting fixtures, the cost savings is even greater.
- They last longer. If you need to get replacement lamps, LEDs are great because they have a much longer lifespan. Unlike other kinds of bulbs, LED lights fade slowly over time rather than burning out. It takes a lot longer for LED bulbs to reach the end of their lifespan than for other kinds of bulbs. Traditional incandescent light bulbs can go about one thousand hours. A similar LED light fixture can go for anywhere between 8,000 and 10,000 hours. This is another way using LED lights can save you money.
- LED lights stay cool to the touch. When you go to change a traditional light, you probably notice how hot the bulb is. This is because most of the energy that goes to the bulb is converted to heat and not light. The opposite is true of LED bulbs. With LED lights, all of the energy to the bulb goes to light and none is lost to heat. If you need lights in cold storage spaces, display cases that are refrigerated, or other areas where a cool temperature is crucial, LED lighting is the way to go.
- LED lights are incredibly durable. In terms of getting replacement lamps, LED works well because they are harder to break. Traditional incandescent bulbs have filaments inside of fragile glass. Neither of these is used in LED lighting. LED lighting is attached to a circuit board. The connections are made with soldered leads. This makes these lamps much harder to damage.
- They turn on instantly. When you use some kind of lamps, such as fluorescent, it takes some time for the lights to reach their maximum brightness. That is not the case with LED fixtures. As soon as you switch the lights on, you have maximum brightness.
- LED lighting fixtures are not impacted when they are turned on and off frequently. One reason that other kinds of lighting fixtures is that their cycles tend to be reduced as they are turned on and off often. Because LED lights can handle this better, they last longer.
- These lighting fixtures are easy to control. When you are looking into installing replacement lamps, LED fixtures make sense because they are easier to control than other kinds of lighting. You have a much larger range of dimming capacity with LED. With fluorescent bulbs, the lowest you can dim the lights to is 30% of full brightness. With LED, your range goes from 10% to 100%
- If your lighting needs color, LED Is the best option. LED fixtures can be made into just about any color. The color quality is top notch. In fact, if color means something to you, you simply cannot beat LED lighting fixtures.
- LED lights are smarter. When electric lights were first developed, they were just to add brightness to a space. In today’s world, lighting can be used to set the mood, help workers become more productive and add security. When used with sensor technology, there is almost no limit to what you can do with your lighting.
When you are looking at replacement lamps, making the switch to LED lights can make a big difference in your power costs and can provide you with more options than offered by other kinds of lighting. LED fixtures are cooler, easier to control, last longer, are easy to maintain, and hard to break. These are the reasons this kind of lighting is popping up all over the place.